We are installing the first Rally Raid Products Honda CB500X Adventure kit right now! If you would like to reserve your Adventure kit, please understand that we are still determining final pricing and delivery. While we expect to see the first production kits here in the USA before June 2015, we cannot guarantee a delivery timeline. If you are comfortable with this “to-be-determined” status and would like to ensure that you receive the parts as soon as they arrive, please click the button to pay your $500 deposit now, and take your place in motorcycle history!
Rally Raid Products Honda CB500X Adventure
Rally Raid Products Honda CB500X Adventure, distributed in North America by Giant Loop
Complete Rally Raid Products CB500X Adventure Kit
Raises the bike 2” front and rear, and in turn offers just a touch under 7” travel at both ends (same as a BMW F700GS, for example).
• Rear shock: Long-travel (+50mm/2” over stock) Adventure shock – high-quality aluminium body with adjustable preload and remote reservoir that offers additional capacity, and separates the damping controls – featuring 100% high and low speed Compression damping adjusters on the remote, and a dedicated 100% rebound adjuster on the shock body. Includes RRP mounting bracket for the remote reservoir. Choice of three spring rates: softer/standard/harder.
• Adventure rear suspension linkage: Billet aluminium linkage bone and heavy-duty steel side plates to retain correct suspension geometry. The revised rear suspension linkage is not only stronger than OEM, but fundamentally retains the correct geometry for the longer travel suspension.
• Front forks: Replacement internal components – longer Tractive springs (that eliminate the 6” OEM plastic spacer), Adventure +30mm travel RRP damper-rods with built-in shim stack valving, and adjustable preload fork caps. Choice of three spring rates: softer/standard/harder.
• Adventure triple-clamp: 20mm stepped billet-aluminium top clamp incorporating Scotts steering damper mounting as standard, with adjustable bar/riser block (standard 7/8ths included, or optional 1,1/8ths ‘high-rise’ for Fat-bars). The billet top-triple clamp is not only required for 19” front wheel clearance, but also offers adjustable bar positioning, and the option of a wider choice of [Fat-bar] handlebars, together with the option of fitting a Scotts steering damper at minimal additional cost.
• Replacement longer (+55mm) side-stand. A longer side-stand is also included to reflect the +2” increase in ground clearance.
• Rear wheel: 17” x 4.25 black anodised aluminium rim, heavy-duty stainless steel spokes and aluminium RRP hub that accepts the OEM drive and brake components (including ABS where fitted).
• Front wheel: 19” x 2.50 black anodised aluminium rim, heavy-duty stainless steel spokes and aluminium RRP hub & dedicated disc spider that accepts the OEM brake components (including ABS where fitted).
• Dedicated 19” low front fender and mountings to fit original fork legs.
In addition to the core Adventure kit, at launch we will have a number of key accessories to further improve the off-road capability of the bike, and make it even more suitable in a dual sport adventure role.
Accessories (available from launch)
• RRP Adventure Engine Guard and integral skid-plate. This unique tubular design cradles the otherwise unprotected underside of the engine, offering a completely flat skid plate helping to glide over obstacles, and that is strong enough to completely support the weight of the bike for maintenance and wheel removal etc. The black powder-coated assembly also incorporates lower engine bars to protect the leading edges of the cases on each side, while there are a dedicated shields for both the exhaust catalyst and oil filter/front of engine. We consider this an essential accessory for confident travel in more serious off-road terrain.
• RRP Soft-luggage side racks. This compact and lightweight tubular support system offers substantial location for a wide variety of soft bags, and has been optimised to work with the Giant Loop Siskiyou panniers. Despite their narrow profile, the CB500X specific racks have been specifically designed to maximise otherwise unused space, and allow the fitting of additional ‘Tool-Tube’ stowage on the inside face of each rack. Available in black powder-coat finish.
• RRP tail-pack rack. An additional tail rack ideal for lightweight and bulky items such as camping equipment. The rear rack has also been optimised to locate the Giant Loop Klamath waterproof tail-pack, which is ideal for tools, spares and a puncture repair kit. Available in black powder-coated finish to complement the side-luggage racks.
• RRP pillion rack. This unique design allows solo riders to utilise the space over the rear of the seat more efficiently – either for securing additional soft luggage, or even mounting a hard top-box for more secure stowage. Quick-release connection allows for easy access under the one-piece seat, or removal should impromptu pillion provision be required.
• RRP ‘solo’ mounting brackets. For those who wish to use the tail-pack rack or pillion rack without the side racks, these dedicated mounting brackets replace the OEM grab handles and allow you to mount the tail-rack or pillion rack directly to the bike.
• RRP heavy-duty foot-rests. These large platform style foot-rests are a direct replacement for the skinny OEM foot pegs. Providing far more substantial support when standing off-road, or simply for general road-riding, the welded stainless steel construction offers much greater strength, grip and support. Available in both a hard-wearing black phosphorous coating or raw stainless finish, we consider these ‘a must’ for anyone considering venturing off-road with the CB500X.