Summer Lake Hot Springs Oregon Backcountry Overnighter
Join Giant Loop for off-road adventure in Oregon’s beautiful high desert. This is a great way to get a taste of the amazing riding here in Central Oregon – and to meet some new riding friends. Last year we had 50+ riders – this year will be even bigger and better, so reserve your spot now!
Tank bag friendly unbreakable SiliPint (designed by our friends here in Bend, Oregon) for hot and cold beverages, included with your registration (while supplies last)!
All street-legal bike types welcome – dual sport, adventure touring – we’ll have a route and group to suit most any bike and rider. If there’s enough interest, we’ll even have a road bike route/group this year, too (hello Eric – this is for you)!
Great camping – and rental cabins (book directly with Summer Lake Hot Springs) await at the end of the trail.
Enjoy the genuine Oregon Backcountry motorcycle experience with your friends.
We’ll send more specifics and details in the next few weeks, but here are the basics:
Morning – Meet at Giant Loop shop in Bend for light breakfast. Choose routes and groups. Ride to Christmas Valley for gas/lunch.
Afternoon – Ride to Summer Lake Hot Springs, set up camp.
Evening – Enjoy dinner and beer, soak in the hot springs pools, share some laughs around the campfire.
Morning – Eat a hearty breakfast, break camp and ride your own chosen route with any group you wish.
Afternoon – Take the scenic route, meander and explore – or head off on a new adventure.
Tell all your friends how much fun you had, share pics and stories!
Details about the 3rd Annual Giant Loop Ride:
* All riders are expected to be self-sufficient and equipped with all tools and supplies needed to be safe and comfortable.
* For your registration fee, Giant Loop is providing food, beverage and commemorative drink ware – all provided and delivered on private lands.
* This is not a paid guided trip. Riders are free to choose any route they wish to ride, and riders are responsible for all required permits, licenses, etc.
* Route suggestions and GPS tracks are provided free of charge for your convenience.
* We recommend using a SPOT tracker or similar device for self-rescue. Cell phone coverage is unreliable in rural Oregon. There are no support vehicles, and many available routes are far from medical and mechanical help.
* Unpaid volunteers will be available to facilitate forming groups of riders with similar skills, bike types and interests, but riders are responsible for themselves, are free to choose any route they wish to ride and are free to ride with any other riders – or by themselves as individuals.
Questions? Contact Harold at 971-832-3164 or email.
See you on the trail,
Team Giant Loop
Designed in Bend, Oregon USA | Ridden Worldwide